For math class, students are grouped by level rather than by age. Both our children are finally challenged, and it’s wonderful to see how excited they are to go to class!
– Tessellations Parent
About Our School
Tessellations, a K-8 independent, progressive school tailored for gifted students, was created in 2020 by a group of like-minded parents and educators dedicated to serving the needs of the whole child.
Anne Beneventi, a nationally recognized gifted specialist and visionary educator, leads Tessellations with the heartfelt, enthusiastic support of the entire staff and parent community. All our talented, dedicated staff specialize in and have deep experience educating gifted children.
Our staff builds Tessellations’ curricula from the ground up. Our outstanding teachers do a tremendous job of keeping their classes engaged, strongly facilitated by our intentionally low student-teacher ratio (approximately 6:1).
- Student-teacher ratio: approximately 6:1
- Grades K-8
- Students: approximately 120
- Project-based learning with an emphasis on social justice and outdoor education
- Social-emotional learning curriculum
- Differentiated education, including math groupings by ability (rather than grade)
- Based in Cupertino, CA at our Main Campus and Nature Campus